Drivers Education June 2023
Drivers Education / Driving/Automotive -
This course is an Oklahoma State approved Drivers Education class offered several times throughout the year. Passing completion of this course replaces the written test for the driver's permit. Drivers Education classes are for high school students only. Students must be 15 years old and in the 9th grade or higher prior to the start date of class.
Please click here for a Drivers Education Flyer which provides detailed information regarding classroom dates/times, driving dates/times and important policies, including requirements for a DMV Permit.
Jenks Community Education wants to ensure every student has the best opportunity at success while they begin their driving endeavor. Students will be required to complete 30 in-person classroom hours and 6 driving time hours with an instructor as follows:
Classroom Instruction Dates and Times:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: June 6, 7, 8 & 9 from 8am-12pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: June 12, 13, 14 from 8am-12pm
Thursday, June 15: 8am-10am
**Make-up Day: Friday, June 16 from 8am-12pm
Drive Dates and Times:
The required six hours of driving sessions run from: June 6 - June 15
Students must provide their birth certificate to Jenks Community Education by Tuesday, June 6, 2023. It is a state requirement that we obtain the students birth certificate prior to the first day of class. Students who do not provide a birth certificate in the specified time frame indicated will not be able to attend class.
Birth Certificates may be:
- emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
- hand delivered to the JPS Community Service Center at 951 West Main Street, 3rd Floor, Jenks
- mailed to ATTN: Debbie Killingsworth, Jenks Community Education, 205 East B Street, Jenks, OK 74037
Cancellations and Transfer Policy:
- Please notify our office one week (seven days) before class starts to receive a refund (minus a $50 processing fee) or to transfer to a future class. No refunds will be given after May 31, 2023.
- Once the class begins, if a student needs to transfer or does not meet the class attendance or driving requirements(and is dismissed from class), the student may re-enroll for a future course for a $150 fee.
- Students may transfer to a future class one time only.
Full - waiting list